Friday, February 19, 2010

c-c-c-cicadas





i know what i need! other than a bigger mattress, because my feet hang off the edge, and that is part of the reason i am awake right now. i need to keep reading books and never stop. just like the author said. i need to leave parties early to read a novel, because thats honestly what i want to do.

right now i want the blazen and proud heat wave of Summer, or maybe even the slight and tepid breathes of life of Spring. i need the glory of a husky hide of golden skin, crawling with dirt and sweat and mostly life that arises in heat. Rises out of every pore of the earth, like the cascading thrilling trill of crickets that never ceases by the Golding's house. If they stopped i feel as though the whole town might awake, mistaking the sudden absense of ever-present sound for a loud and obnoxious new noise. i want to lay on the uneven layers of wood of my deck, the loose nail lightly digging into my heel as a reminder into the realm of awake. the pages of my book that shield my eyes from the sun- so lazy and surrendering, they stick to my legs and hands these wrinkly and moist pages. Bending gracefully like the serene curve of the moth wings that latch onto my screen door, collectively amassing to the porch-light. i want to be awake and alive again in a suffocating heat

1 comment:

  1. I want to be laying on my bed with a terrible pain in my back but not even caring because I'm so deeply interested with what's happening to the main character.

    Now I want to read too.

    ReplyDelete